Monday, March 8, 2010

33 - seriously






Ryan "heped" with the candles


Can it be...is Mike really 33? Are we really there? Wow!! Time has flown!!

Mike and I have celebrated almost every one of his birthday's together...even the few when we weren't actually "together" were spent in correspondence. I even sent his favorite cake up to Massachusetts one year when he lived up there going to school. I know, a cake...in the mail...who does that? Well, I did...and it was a fun gesture.

The first birthday we spent together was Mike's 17th. I can't believe that the one time I want to scan an old picture for the blog I can't. This never happens, but we were freeing up space in the nursery and I sent some old scrapbooks home with my parents...just this weekend. Figures.

Anyway, the first birthday that we spent together was in 1994. Mike got a chocolate chip cake with powdered sugar on top for his cake and that has been "mike's cake" ever since. I think he has had it for most birthday's since that point.

We, unfortunately, didn't get to do alot for Mike's birthday. I wasn't feeling so hot - stayed out of work all week with a nasty cough and eye infection (you will see my swollen right eye in the pics above), but we did manage to get a baby-sitter and have some time out eating burgers and going to a movie. It was a fun night out even if it didn't rival some of the past birthday festivities. Guess that is what happens when you turn 33 and you have a pregnant wife that cannot seem to fight off illness anymore. I promise, next year...we will do something BIG!! Don't know what that will be with our 3 yr old and 6 month old at home, but we will figure out something.
Love you babe!!!

No comments: