Friday, November 18, 2011

Finally, it is Colin's Birth Day!!!

The day started early...like 4:45 am early. We had to be at the hospital by 6am to get ready for my c-section scheduled for 8am. All the pre-op stuff went according to schedule and I was laying in the operating room right on time. Little one was born at 8:44am CST and weighed a whopping 8lbs 4oz and measured 21.5 inches. This is 1 pound bigger than Ryan or Kaitlyn and 1 inch longer than Ryan and 2 longer than Kaitlyn. I knew he was going to be a big baby. (well, for me anyway) I could just tell by the way he stretched across my belly that he was taking up WAY more room than the other two. :)
Colin passed all of his tests with flying colors and got his little footprints made and then was brought over to me. He looked exactly like Kaitlyn with all of his dark hair, but he definitely doesn't have her full lips. They look a lot like Ryan's actually. All of my children resemble Mike more than me, but I have been told that Kaitlyn's eyes look more like mine...which is hard for some people to see because the rest of her face structure is so blatantly Mike's. It has been really hard for me to get used to Colin. I kept looking at him and calling him Kaitlyn...that is how much they look alike to me. Colin does have a lot of Ryan's mannerisms already.
Waiting for surgery...
Of course, the Daddy always gets to hold the baby first!!

Fresh from the bath. (a little out of order here)

Look at all that hair!!

I finally get to see the new baby



1 comment:

Steven and Stephanie Cresap said...

He is beautiful, Ash! Steve and I think Ryan is looking more like you and Kaitlyn is Mike's mini me:-) I will call you soon!