Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Feb 6 - 14 weeks

So, I broke out the play mat for Colin. You can see how much he is enjoying it...yea right. He LOVES it until Kaitlyn comes along...which she does every time she sees it out. She just jumps right in and practically sits/lays on Colin. She thinks that is HYSTERICAL!!! Poor Colin just screams until I pull him out and "save" him.
We had a rough week this week. Mike went on his first trip overnight since Colin was born. He was supposed to be gone for 3 nights...yea, well...that only lasted one night. I had to call him back as I was running a 101.5 temp and could barely get through the night routine. Mike changed his plans and got home Tuesday mid-morning to help so that I could get to the doctor...where I spent 3 HOURS!! Found out I had mycoplasma (walking pnuemonia) and strep. thank goodness Mike came home and that the kids go to school ALL DAY on Wednesdays. I was better by Thursday, but Colin was not. He started acting funny on Tuesday and I thought it was because he was hungry. So, I started supplementing with some formula, but he was still waking up every hour at night. (he's been sleeping from 8-6:30am since he was about 11 weeks) So, this was really weird. On Tuesday I gave him formula all day to be sure that he wasn't hungry, but he still woke up all night. By Thursday I knew it was time to go back to the doctor. We spent another 2 hours at the doctor and found out that he had an ear infection. Now it makes sense. I have a feeling that this may be my problem child with ears like mine. This is the 2nd ear infection in 14 short weeks...ugh!







feeling better...

No comments: