Thursday, January 22, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN!!!

Ryan is 1 today...I can't believe it. It just doesn't seem like it has been long enough for our baby to be ONE!!

I was looking through some pics today and remembering what it was like on this day last year. We went to bed at midnight, woke up at 4am, got to the hospital at 5:30am and then dealt with doctors and labor until 4:38pm CST. It was a journey that day, but we had no idea what the next few days, weeks, months would bring. Noone told how hard it would be to adjust to having a baby in the house. Noone explained about the sometimes overwhelming sense of responsibility that you feel 24 hours a day. Yet, NOONE can describe to you the way you feel when your baby snuggles into your arms, when they smile just for you because you are home from a day of work, or when they quiet their crying because they see your face. Having Ryan is an AMAZING ride that I never want to get off. He definitely makes our lives better, more meaningful.

This day 1 year ago, we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into...and now, there is no way we would change it for the world.

Enjoy some pics of my little one from his first birthday. We had a couple neighbors over to celebrate tonight (since MPM isn't here). We wished Ryan a happy birthday at 4:38 and had some cake after we played a bit. Ginger/Brantley, Tyson/Beth/Jake -- Thank you so much for helping me celebrate Ryan's birthday. It means a lot to have your support...today and every day!

So, Ryan was a good little model for about 10 seconds outside when I tried to capture the moment. The rest are from tonight during his "party".
Always on the go...


Being so dainty at first with our cake...yea...we shall see how long that lasts...

Make a wish Baby!

Not so dainty anymore...this is the Ryan I am used to!

Thank you Ms. Beth...I can't wait to wear my new outfit!!

What a ham...I love that cute grin.

The boys playing bumper cars

Ms. Ginger and sweet Brantley -- your turn next to be ONE!

Ms. Beth showing Ryan how the camera works...are those all pictures of me??

1 comment:

The Hardy Family said...

Happy Birthday Little Fella!!! I can't believe you are one!!! You are such a cutie and I think you totally look like your grandaddy Morris!! :) I hope your day was fabulous!!!