Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June beach trip

How wonderful...another week at the beach!!! What can I say, am I a lucky girl, or what!!
Mom and I spent the week at my grandparent's beach house to celebrate her birthday and just relax. This is the longest that I have gotten to hang out with my Mom, uninterrupted, in forever! Every time I am at home she is working...so, this was AWESOME!
We went to the beach everyday and relaxed in the house during Ryan's naps. We had my grandfather over every night for dinner. My aunt and cousins were able to come over for 2 full days. I mean, what a great family time.
My dad came mid-week and Mike came on Thursday night to celebrate Mom's birthday.
It was great to show Mike how much fun Ryan was having on the beach. He loved going down there and playing in the sand. His fave thing to do was for us to dig a hole in the sand and find shells for him to throw into it. He spent forever doing that. He also enjoyed the golfcart. he spent hours hanging out in that. Lastly, he was still into his chalk. He colored on everything he could find. What a little artist I have. Thank goodness chalk washes off so easily! :)


Daddy, follow me - amazing to me -- 2 peas in a pod and I have a feeling the similarities will just keep growing!

Ryan's best friend Weston. He wouldn't let him out of his sight!

I have some major work to do today with all of this sand.


Yeah, this is me, chillin' in the golf cart.

Drawing, drawing, drawing

Mike demonstrating how Mom's necklace works. How DID you know how to do this again???

Allowing Mom time to try it on. :)



Oh, the tricks I can play with my bottle.
(and yes, he still drinks milk out of a bottle. He loves sippy cups, but not to drink his milk. Go figure)


1 comment:

The Hardy Family said...

It looks like you all had a blast! I'm so glad you could enjoy the whole week with your mom! How special! It was good seeing you a couple of weeks ago. I would love to see you and Ryan again the next time you are in town!