Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ride that Camel, woo woo

We don't make it to the zoo that often. We like it, but they have been doing some reconstruction and a lot of the exhibits have been closed, etc. So, we don't make it over there that often. Beth called us last Thursday and asked if we wanted to go. I checked my membership...sure, I have 2 days left. Better make use of the limited time we have. Let's go check out the new elephants, rhinos, camels, etc.
So, off we went to meet Beth and her friend. We had fun just walking around and we were coming up on the zebras and giraffes when I saw camel rides. I asked Ryan if he wanted to do one totally thinking he would say no. (I rode an elephant as a child and have always remembered that ride)
To my surprise, he wholeheartedly said YES!!!
So, up the stairs we went, paid our money, and onto the camel went Ryan. He had such a good time. He smiled and waved and talked the zookeeper's ear off. I one point I heard him detailing all of his booboos and the bandaids that went with them. (and there are a lot of boo boos to tell about.) I got some great pictures of Ryan riding his first camel. Just wish Mike could have been there to see it in person. I was so proud of Ryan!!

Beth and Jake decided they needed a turn after Ryan. They looked like they were having a great time. I was just getting around to taking the close up "money" shot when my camera battery died. Stupid thing...or stupid me for not charging it!
So, I didn't get that great up close shot, but I still got some of their ride.

climbing on the new playground by the elephants



getting on and so excited!


SUCH A BIG BOY!!
Beth and Jake having a blast
and, my camera dies right here.... so sad

No comments: