Friday, April 19, 2013

Back to School

We took the prerequisite 1st day and 2nd day photos. :)
I got the kids all ready to make their debut at their brand-new preschool. I was excited for them and thought that the school was going to be great for them. The curriculum is strong, the reputation is great, and I loved his teacher upon meeting her at open house the week before. Ryan and Kaitlyn were both excited and seemed eager to get in and see what was going on in their class rooms. There is carpool available, but for this first day, I walked them in. They both followed me with their grown-up looking back packs and went straight to their rooms. They did FABULOUS! They went right in without a backward glance. (truthfully, exactly like I thought they would. They are Definitely OUTGOING children who have never met a stranger)
I was overwhelmed though -- didn't know that EVERY parent (mother and father) drops their child off for the first day. Nor was I aware the everyone would have their camera and video camera and would be in the classroom settling their children in. WOW!! Way different from Birmingham...
I have to say...my children did pretty good for going to a brand new school where they didn't know the layout, the teachers, or one single other class mate. I was a very proud mama!! Even if I did feel a little lacking in the picture documentation category! Ha
 1st day


 2nd day
 colin is going to a different school then Ryan and Kaitlyn. So, this was his first day of school. :)

No comments: