Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween...

















Well, I got to participate this year...unlike last year. We had a lot of fun. We finally got Ryan into his costume. (no easy task I might add) He enjoyed running down the sidewalks to a neighborhood Halloween party. It was fun to see some of the other kids and what a joy to watch Ryan walk right up to complete strangers (I mean, he has no fear) and ask for candy. He had his first taste of chocolate...and LOVED it. Not so fond of the peanuts, nugget (sp?), or caramel...a boy after his mom's own heart. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I am so glad that this year I was actually able to experience it with him. Oh, and once we got home, Ryan made it his personal mission to be on hand to answer the door bell. He had a blast handing out candy (and of course stealing some each time for his stash). He has been carrying around the basket all morning pointing to it like...where is the candy???

Also, we have heard some new words from Ryan in the last few days. Last night he said Bye Bye as he was waving to Mike over the rail before bedtime. He now says "uh oooohhhh" with the inflection on Oh. It is so cute and Mike and I never tire of hearing it. Today he said juice and last week he started pointing to his eye and saying "I" His "eye" sounds like "I". he doesn't have that e sound on the end. Oh, and he also said ball today. He has said that before, but I have never heard him. It is so wonderful to finally hear his voice. It has been a long time coming. Now I am just waiting for all the other little words I know are in that brain of his. (Such a stubborn child!!)

No comments: