Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ryan -- "I am not so sure about the white stuff"


We finally got some snow. The first Mike and I have seen since we were in Charlotte in 2007. I was so excited and made Mike get out of bed early so that we could take Ryan out for his first glimpse of...SNOW!

Waiting and Watching...
the blue eyes just kill me...don't mind the hair...little bit of bed head.

So, we bundled Ryan up in his sweatsuit and coat -- I mean who has winter clothes for a 13 month old in Birmingham?? Definitely not us. The hodge podge will have to do. With great anticipation we take him outside and set him down in the 3 in of snow and wait for his reaction. It was slow to come, but I think he enjoyed it...well, for the first 5 minutes anyway. After that he was OVER it and I do mean OVER it! Poor thing, his feet were cold, his hands were icey (because he refused to keep his gloves on) and his little head had icicles in his hair from the still falling white stuff. Thank goodness we at least got some pictures of Ryan's 1st snow. :)

It really was pretty though. All in all I think we got about 4", but you would never know by the end of the day. It stopped snowing around noon and by 1:30/2pm it was ALL GONE. It went from freezing temperatures to 48 degrees in record time. So, all of our snow was gone...but it was so pretty while it lasted. Check out our "5 minutes of Snow Fun".



Jake is checking out the snow. I don't think he likes it anymore than Ryan did.





1 comment:

The Hardy Family said...

Wow! I can't believe how much snow you got!! The pictures are beautiful!! I guess you probably heard we didn't get a flake after they were calling for 3-5 inches! I'm ready for Spring now!!