Wednesday, July 28, 2010

week in Columbia

We were at home for week #4 of Kaitlyn's life. We had a BLAST!!! For an impromptu visit we sure did try to see as many people as possible.
Ryan did great on the ride home...6 hours goes really quick when he is CONSTANTLY asking questions and Why, why, why a million times! Francie was so sweet to drive us all the way home.
Our first day in SC we stayed around the house. On Tuesday we headed to Pine Island...no small feat I might add. I had stuff strewn from room to room at my parent's house and getting all the gear ready for a picnic and lake time was almost more than I could handle. I got the bathing suits, swimmy diapers, snacks, drinks, regular diapers for both, changes of clothes for both, etc, etc, etc...everything EXCEPT my bathing suit. I mean, really. I made it almost all the way to Pine Island before I realized it and then there was nothing I could do about it. My dad was at home without a car because I took theirs. So, here I am with a baby - a hungry baby, 45 minutes late, no bathing suit and Ryan, of course, wants to swim. Kristen took pity on me and swam with Ryan while I fed Kaitlyn in the shade. It was fun, but in the end we were only able to stay an hour or so b/c Kaitlyn just couldn't handle the heat...poor baby - Did I mention that it was about 95 degrees!! UGH!!
Wednesday was a day for COUSINS!!! Brian and Beth came with their crew and we had SO MUCH FUN!! Ryan followed Bo around ALL DAY. I didn't have to do a thing. My Aunt Diane and Cousin Suzanne were there also so I was virtually kid-free. What an amazing thing family is. Suzanne ended up staying with us at the lake until Saturday when her family came back for the fireworks show. It was WONDERFUL having the extra pair of hands considering all Ryan wants to do while at Gigi and Pop's is be outside. Makes it a little tough when I am constantly feeding a 4 week old that MUST be going through a growth spurt and eats every 2 hours and then can't be put down because her acid reflux is out of control.
Thursday led us to visits from the great-grandmother and more friends. Finally Friday was a day of fun as some of my high school girlfriends showed up with their children and Mother's in tow. We had a 7, 5, 4, 3, two 2 yr olds, and a 1 yr old all playing in the water...and Kaitlyn. It was really fun to see all the children interacting with each other and all of us had an awesome time getting to relax and hang out some. Suzanne was a Godsend in an extra pair of hands. We cannot wait to do it again!!
Saturday is the fireworks show and the whole family comes up to the lake to celebrate July 4! Again, Ryan was in heaven. Weston was there - his 12.5 yr old hero. He did NOTHING without Weston and thankfully Weston seems to really enjoy having the sidekick. Ryan was up until almost 11pm shooting off fireworks with Weston and Daddy. Wow...he had a busy day. Kaitlyn was passed around all day and spent most of her time on someone's shoulder. Thankfully, for once, it wasn't mine!!! I got to enjoy some time with Mike and also in the water...Heaven.
Lastly, we spent Sunday and Monday hanging with Gigi and Pop on the boat. Ryan has his new puddle jumper and he has no fear. Jumps right in the deep (middle of the lake) water and just floats around like he has been doing it his whole life. Such a wonderful invention the puddle jumper is!!!
WE LOVE SOUTH CAROLINA!!!!

No comments: