Thursday, January 6, 2011

It is official - Kaitlyn is 6 months old


Monday, November 29, Kaitlyn is officially 26 weeks old. She turned 6 months on that Wednesday.
We went to the doctor on the 29th for her official appointment. I hate these things, I really do. She got 4 SHOTS, yes, 4!! She did really well though. She cried for just a minute or so and then was all smiles again. We took her off of her acid reflux medicine at about 4 months, so no chronic meds for her and she is hitting all of her milestones. She actually is able to now fully sit up by herself without assistance. that doesn't mean she doesn't fall. Just that for small periods of time she can sit without me being right there on the floor beside her.
I have been feeding her baby food, but we have yet to move on from veggies. I have been so slow this time around. Ryan got baby food at 16/17 weeks. Kait is 26 and I have yet to give them to her on a consistent basis. One day she may get food 3 times and then I may skip 4 days altogether where I forget to work it into the routine. Funny how that happens with 2nd children. The doctor was not the least concerned that I wasn't doing the baby food thing. Kaitlyn was in the 80th and 85th percentile for height and weight, so she definitely isn't lacking in the growing department.
She is sleeping decently as of this moment in time. She takes a morning nap (when we are home) for about 2 hours, but more often than not she takes two quick cat naps in the morning (like 15-30 min each) and then does a long nap with Ryan in the afternoon (about 2-4 hours). I have to say, I really actually enjoy the cat naps with the one long nap over the two 2 hour naps like what Ryan did. Mainly because I just want the downtime in the afternoon. :)
Kaitlyn is such a sweet baby with the best personality. She is so good at just sitting a playing with a toy and entertaining herself. She LOVES her jumperoo and will jump in it for upwards of 30-45 minutes in the morning. she loves personal attention and thrives on any of us being right in her face and loving on her. She will just coo and giggle if you do that. She thinks that Ryan is the funniest thing on the planet. Doesn't matter what he does to her, she will laugh. This can be disastrous. he is normally VERY gentle with her, but lately he has started to think that she is a little tougher than she actually is. Unfortunately, she does not help my discipline routine as she just laughs at him instead of getting upset. Oh well. that is good, I guess. :)
All in all, she is an easy baby that just makes you love her by looking at her and engaging her smile. I could just eat her up.

Alright, enough information for my head.

Baby Girl Stats:
17 lbs 15 oz
26.5 inches
80-85th percentile

Ryan 6 month stats:
20 lbs 14 oz
28 inches
90th percentile





1 comment:

Chris and Amy said...

oh, she is such a cutie!